Mr. VanSickle’s session centres around his experience dealing with a Board whose governance experience spanned the spectrum from minimal to extensive, the issues around gaining consensus or lack thereof and moving critical projects forward in a contested environment.
You will learn and examine the root cause of fractured Boards and how the nomination/election process can be used to minimize Board discord as well as how a Club’s articles can be beneficial to the governance process.
With real and personal experience Mr. VanSickle speaks of his direct and hands-on tactics used to ensure that the future and benefit of the Club was always the focus of Board governance and outcomes.
Key Takeaways from this Session
- How to understand your Boards members and their motivation
- The importance of the nomination/selection process
- Why you need a current set of articles
- How to set up the agenda process
- How strategy keeps everyone focused