The construction of a project is the easy part, the more time consuming and difficult part of a project is working your way through the political minefields to first get the Board onside and then get the members’ support to proceed with a major renovation or new build construction project.
This session will only touch the surface, but will highlight several key points to consider in getting projects approved and moving them from a concept to a shovel in the ground.
Key Takeaways from this Session
- Don’t commit to a budget before the number known
- Numerous small Board decisions before the big decision
- Board consensus vs unanimity
- Initial member presentations with flexibility
- We listened and made changes
- Vote Yes recommendation
- Target Marketing plan for members